My choice of media was pastels. I love the way these blend and can create really colourful images, but the use of black pastels can make the images darker too.
Above is a design for an axe that would be found in game. I used the black and white pastel to create lighter and darker areas. I also used a blue pastel to make the design look different from just a normal axe. After I scanned it into the PC, I used Photoshop to give the image contrast and to darken certain areas. I also added a glow effect around the blue crystals on the axe so it would look like it was glowing.
I also created a design for the main city in the game. Using greens and blues I made the places outside the city look nice and natural. But I wanted to give the impression that inside the city walls is quite dark and bleak so I used a black pastel for this.

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment